His real name is the Magna Carta and the Four Argentine Regions, but it is recognized as a Monument of the Spanish
This colossal work of 24.5 meters, was created in Carrara marble and bronze by sculptor Agustín Querol Spanish. The monument was donated by the Spanish community on the occasion of the celebrations for the centenary of the May Revolution (1910).
But it opened in 1927.
A little history
Up to its inauguration, the monument went through several misfortunes.
Its author, Catalan Agustín Querol, barely managed to make sketches of it and he died the following year, and his successor, Cipriano Felgueras also died in 1911. For this reason the work plans were completed by other artists.
Another extended work, the tragic sinking of the liner Principe de Asturias. When passing from Rio de Janeiro hits a rock formation. In fact 450 people died and missed the valuable ornaments of marble and bronze statues were part of the monument.
The following year he commissioned a replica of the ornaments Madrid lost in the shipwreck. This came two years afternoon, but due to bureaucratic customs into the country only three years after arriving. This delay led to a deterioration of various parts of the shipment.
On May 25, 1927 the monument was inaugurated in Avenida del Libertador and Sarmiento.
TAXI !!!, Transfer Airport
Visit our Blogs: Argentina Guide Buenos Aires Guie Buenos Aires Agenda Mi Buenos Aires Tango Taxi Information Gay World How to get to.. Address and phone Your Flavors Web Taxi:Taxi Web