The garden opens to the public on September 7, 1898.
During the administration of Benito Carrasco Agronomist (1914 - 1918) eventually succeeded Thays, he joined the School Gardeners Garden, specializing in the Botanical Library and the Office of Photography. In the year 1937 by Ordinance No. 8568 of August 31, granted to the Municipal Botanical Garden named after its founder "Carlos Thays."
In the year 1996 by National Decree No. 366 declaring the Garden "National Historic Landmark."
The garden covers more than 7 hectares, and brings a great diversity of species, organized along the lines devised by its creator Carlos Thays.
A phytogeographical area called, brings together individuals organized according to geographic origin, having species in Asia, Africa, Oceania, Europe and America and highlighting the flora area of the Argentine provinces, for their wealth and importance.
They exemplified the three types of landscape design: symmetrical, mixed and colorful. Has 3-style gardens, one French, one Japanese and one Roman and 5 greenhouses are located in the species with specific environmental requirements, such as cacti.
References and further information
TAXI !!!, Transfer Airport
Visit our Blogs: Argentina Guide Buenos Aires Guie Buenos Aires Agenda Mi Buenos Aires Tango Taxi Information Gay World How to get to.. Address and phone Your Flavors Web Taxi:Taxi Web